This is the setup tutorial for those who just started developing and Make their Desktop Environment Geeky.
Start with open a Terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T)
- Add the ppa to install the latest version of Ubuntu make
$ sudo add-pt-repository ppa:ubuntu-desktop/ubuntu-make
$ sudo apt update
2. Install Ubuntu make
$ sudo apt install ubuntu-make
it’s take a time to complete this.
then check some pyhton version
$ pyhton -V or $ pyhton3 -V
After the completing upper part, we start installing language dependency one by one and their IDE’s.
- Install the ruby programming language
$ sudo apt install ruby-full
2. Install Rust programming language
$ umake rust programming language
3. Install Go programming language
$ umake go
4. Install swift programming language
$ umake swift
5. Install scala programming language
6. Install Android studio
$ umake android android-studio
(it’s take time to install)
7. Install visual studio code
$ umake web visual studio-code
8. Install atom text editor (you can choose which text editor you like this or other like sublime, vim, nano or etc …)
$ umake ide atom
you can also check the list of available ide’s with the single command in your system.
$ umake ide -h
Thank you for reading this. I hope that it may help you out to set up your Desktop Environment.